Sunday 13 May 2007

Sun 13 May 07, AV 15km Road Champs


Rest on Fri & Sat in preparation for today's race at La Trobe Uni, 15km on a 4.9km course with an extra 300m in the start finish chute. The course was listed as undulating and that it was, a few hills to test us out, but the downhills were very handy too. I had a few issues with my left quad, I think over the past two weeks and running with a sore toe on my right foot I think I have over used my left side which seemed to tighten a fair bit on the rises, so I pulled off the course twice to stretch, which seemed to help me continue on.

My splits are all over the place, some with hills, some with down hills and two with breaks included to stretch... :-(

Splits:
4:26 4:34 4:39
4:08 4:16 4:31
4:11 4:43 4:39
4:01 4:21 4:10
3:58 4:05 3:40

(20:47) (22:02) (21:42)

1h 04m 31s

Feel fairly buggered now and having some stomach discomfort, hydration maybe...



I think this pic is around the 12-13km area, I was just starting to attempt to move away from Adam K here and whilst I did pull away his kick was too great for me and he got me in the final 200m.




The course map is above for those who didn't have the pleasure... :-)




This pic is in the final km, Gary is front of me and Adam K is behind, I look buggered here and let me tell you I was!!!

6 comments:

MorseyRuns said...

It sounded like a pretty tough course- were you happy with your time? Hope your toe is getting better.

Andrew(ajh) said...

Hey Stu, that is a pretty good result considering the interrupted preparation and the sore toe. Hope the stomach upset is nothing serious.

Ewen said...

Not bad Stu considering the issues you mentioned. Very conservative first km - uphill? Nice last km - 3.40 is motoring. Well done. I hope the club had a good turnout.

Tesso said...

Must be good to post such a decent time knowing there were two stretching breaks n there!

So is the toe any better???

jojo said...

it sounds like it was a tough course by all accounts..

Anonymous said...

Oops, sorry I told you to stop complaining, didn't realise what was up. Still, pretty good time considering the course and the stretch breaks.