Monday 14 May 2007

Mon 14 May 07, a recovery run at lunch


The aftermath from yesterday's race, my toe is red & swollen again, my left ITB is tight and general tired feeling in my quads, especially the left side. But I had decided that a 30 minute was a necessity!

12:30pm, I changed into my running gear and took off across St Kilda Rd and then decided I would turn right and head toward Fawkner Park, cruising at a comfortable pace all I could feel was my quads, they were both saying "HELLO Stu, we raced yesterday, WTF are you doing right now?"... a little tender and quite tired, but of course I knew this run was exactly what I needed to do.

Sticking mainly on the grass I made my way to Fawkner Park and then ran on the grass there, a wave & a hello to Steve, when I had been running for 15 minutes I stopped and did some quad & ITB stretching.

After 31 minutes of running I strolled back into the Barracks and laid down on the grass and stretched for 10 minutes before returning to the office to enjoy my lunch.


This evening I coached the Little A's group which involved rolling my legs over again and demonstrating some stretches, which was great for me.

AV Team Results, Western Aths Men Div 3 finished 2nd :-) and we won Div 6 :-) and sadly we were one runner short of winning or coming 2nd in Div 7 and sadly one of our ladies couldn't finish the race and we missed out on some good points there too, esp as Narelle finished 4th!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Where you stopped is where I start all my runs when running from work. The office is just a few buildings along St. Kilda Rd.