Tuesday 8 May 2007

Tue 08 May 07, track session


At the track before 5pm, changed and straight into my 3k warm up around the complex, then some dynamic stretching, some drills & then 5 strides before completing some quad static stretching, all up my warm up was 25 minutes.

Adam K, joined me and the plan was 6x1k reps @ 3:50 with 60 sec recovery, but I adjusted this after two reps and Adam continued with the 1k reps.

Splits:
3:50 (1km)
3:51 (1km)
3:02 (800m)
3:04 (800m)
3:05 (800m)
3:03 (800m)

Then I walked 300m with Adam when he finished his last 1k and then we jogged 1km to cool down. I then stay at the track chatting with Burkie about my upcoming weeks whilst watching Clare complete the session I set for her. I then chatted with Burkie about his exam for his Level 4 Coaching exam and then he asked me what direction I was taking Clare, why and how, which was a great exercise for me as her has known Clare for 15 years + and it allowed me to explain my direction with an experienced coach.

I then walked & jogged with Clare for her cool down.

No comments: