Sunday 6 May 2007

Sun 06 May 07, You Yangs


A run at the You Yangs this morning with Luke & Adrian J, aiming for 90-100 minutes of easy running, very easy for Luke. We started at the front gate and run upto the Flinders Peak car park and then ran along the dirt road (Rushford), rolling hills, again I found my left quad tiring on the bigger hills. Which I think is a result of favouring the left side due to my toe.

After the Rushford trail we made our way onto the Branding Trail after going down the very steep hill, a lap of the loop then up the hill back to the car park, where I had 1/2 a goo and then we did the East/West Walk in reverse. Going up the stairs and trying to conserve energy and not lifting my legs very high I clipped the top of a stair and CRASHED and fell. A few abrasions on the left knee, hands, elbow and yep you guessed it, I smacked the sore toe into a rock!!! Ohh and my Garmin isn't in great condition, some major scratches and one of the pins popped out of the band. So a little bit of dirt and a little bit of blood and a tad sore on my right foot all over again. So here I was battling up the hills because my quads were tired and now I was struggling going down hills because of my toe. :-(

So the return trip was a tad slower than expected but I managed to make it back with a couple of other small trips in the wrong direction due to looking at wallabies whilst on a skinny goat track and then slipping down a steep part and nearly having another fall. But managed to survive the final 8k with no major probs. All up approx 18km in 1h 45m.

Once home I had a short ice bath, trying to help my legs recover a bit and also to ensure my ankle and knees where fine. Toe, red, swollen, brusied and sore.

6 comments:

jojo said...

just because i made a decision: 'no more falls' doesnt mean you have to take up the slack stu :).... take care

Anonymous said...

Ouch, you duffer

gotta watch those trails, my leg is still sore after I tripped over a rock last Sunday.

Tesso said...

Gees, you sure are in the wars at the moment! That toe doesn't sound good :(

Anonymous said...

G'day Stu, somehow I lost you from my Bloglines and I've just noticed you've been posting heaps.

So what's the verdict on the Garmin, poor thing, does it still work? Oh, and I take it you're alright as well. lol

Ewen said...

You 'did a CJ'!

Stick to the track, nothing to trip over there. Unless, of course, you try the steeple or hurdles ;)

Unknown said...

That's karma for not being at Puffing Billy ;-)

Hope your toe etc heals quickly.