Sunday 1 October 2006

Sun 01 Oct 06, a run from Hoppers to Werribee and back

17km today and for the week so far.

A good night at Adrian's 40th meant yesterday was an afternoon of drinking beer and yelling at the TV and then an evening of drinking beer with friends until 12:30ish. I woke up this morning about 7:45ish and decided to run some beer out of me before the Christening at St Peters. Out the door at 8am, a beautiful morning, already 15 degrees and only a little breeze, cap, singlet, shorts and Garmin in tow. Leaving home I made my way to the Princess Hwy via some local streets, running on a service road into Werribee, around the home of the VFL Werribee Tigers I crossed the railway lines, 7.5km into my run I decided I would take my singlet off and enjoy some sunshine on the body.

Nearing the Werribee racecourse I moved off the roads and followed the trail along the fence line down Ballan Rd until hitting the grassed floodway and turning right towards President Park and then making my way down to the Werribee river and enjoying getting out of the wind which seemed to be picking up. From the river I followed the dirt trails until the Riverbend carpark where I returned to the roads and then made my home.

An enjoyable run, excluding the roadside comments from passerbys, but then whilst not wearing a shirt, you seem to pick up comments that aren't very flattering... 16.9km in 1h 20m 40s, averaging 4.46 pace.

5 comments:

Clarkey said...

It wouldn't have worried me seeing you topless...you're not my type ;)

Just caught up with your last few weeks. Keep your head up, only look back to learn and not regret. Move forward, since standing still is actually going backwards....a bit philosophical I know, but it is how I approach life. Particularly once whats important is established.

Looking forward to a run together again soon...I'll be keeping my shirt on.

Unknown said...

Jealousy is what it's about StuMac...they don't know a good body when they see one...poor miserable things!

Clairie said...

So tell us about the Christening. Did he scream?

Was all the beer out of you by then? I don't know how you managed to drink and get up for a 17km run and then a busy day afterwards.

Shows you have stamina Stu!

JH said...

Four young-ish girls wolf-whistled at me at an intersection last week. I couldn't decide whether I was offended or flattered.

I choose to take it as a compliment though and try to ignore how dark it was and how drunk they probably were.

If I had my shirt off I doubt there would have been too much whistling going on though...

Em said...

Pfffft, didn't see them out there running did you.

Don't think I'll give it a go though, may cause a car accident :-)