Tuesday 24 October 2006

Tue 24 Oct 06, a bunch of 800s

8km today and 40km for the week so far.

A magnificant day here in Melbourne today, 29 degrees, very little cloud and a breeze, but sadly being an office worker I spent the large majority of it inside. Leaving work at 4:30pm for training and then my day turned to poo....my car keys were attached to my back pack and I threw it into my boot with my laptop and slammm... shit the keys are in the boot!

Luckily I was able to arrange lifts to Werribee with a work colleague and then back with Dave T and Cam brought my spare key to the track, what a 'dick'...

I got dropped off on the highway and then jogged 1.5km to the aths track, some stretching and then jumped in with the Daves, Darren & Bec they were doing 800s at 3 min pace with a 90 sec recovery. Not having my watch (in the boot) I am sketchy with my exact splits, but basically I did 6x800 between 2:56 & 3:02 with a 90 sec recovery, finishing with a cool down of only 2 laps of the outer lanes.

Obviously the change in temperature may have affected the session tonight but I was very flat and knew I would struggle to do a set of 8 so 6 was the GO! Tomorrow I have Corporate Cup at lunch (I might skip it) and then S2F training group in the evening and then the AV Winter AGM meeting which I attend as a club delegate, so a busy day, ohhh and work will be squeezed in between 6:30am to 5:45pm (yep a long one).

3 comments:

Smarty said...

So have a good training! ;-)

Bye.

Em said...

Faaaaarrrrk, well that's what I would have said.

I stuggled a bit with my session last night too.

Spark Driver said...

Did it take a little while before you discovered the missing keys? Or just that sinking feeling as the boot lid is slaming shut?