Wednesday 4 October 2006

Wed 04 Oct 06, S2F training run

15km today and 53km for the week so far.

I finished work just before 5:30, quickly changed and then ran from work over to the Tan and ran anti-clockwise, when I got to the bottom of Anderson I crossed the river and made my way down to Fed Square, arriving just before 6pm, ready to take the 10k group for a run.

Tonight myself & Rupert decided for a change we would change the route, predominantly to dodge the bike commuters, from Fed Square to the MCG's parkland surrounds and then back to the concourse and over the Tennis Centre bridge and then over Swan St bridge and up to Morrel Bridge, a lap of the Tan and then back along the river to Fed Square. Tonight's group were slightly faster than the normal group, probably sitting on 4:45ish pace, the pace being set by a couple of girls who are aiming for a 93 minute HM at Melbourne on Sunday, they were easily cruising.

After returning to the start point, I did some stretches with some of the participants and then ran back to my car, which was 1.5km away.

No comments: