Thursday 26 October 2006

Thu 26 Oct 06, soccer & short reps

7km today and 56km for the week.

A 40 minute game of soccer on a 3/4 sized pitch, six players a side and sadly we had no reserves, a fun game; 5:1 our favour. Lots of running and really enjoyed myself, but I will not be attempting to log those kms run.


Arrived at the track tonight wondering how much the game took out of my legs. Tonight myself, Dave & Dave & Troy (16/17) were doing 6x400m @ 75 sec with 75 sec recovery. The wind on the back straight and at the top of the 200 bend was fairly nasty and in my opinion made the session that little bit harder but for the first time we had some consistent 4's and we were nice & consistent with the recovery break.

Splits (recovery):
78.3 (75) too slow, we relaxed too much on the home straight
76.2 (75)
76.1 (85) we waited for another group to finish their rep
77.4 (76)
77.8 (75)
76.6

Even though we were a few seconds slower than we sceduled, we all thought the wind was a factor, but overall we were very happy as we do not normally get such consistency on the 400 reps or the recoveries. :-)

I finished off the session with only 2 laps, my right heel was becoming sore and so enough was enough today. Since at home I have iced for 20 minutes.

2 comments:

Vicky said...

As per usual, a good mixture going on Stu.

Sorry I missed you on Sunday too, but at least now I can relate to the Tan and surronding area when I read about it in posts! It really is an awesome area to have in the central city.

Maybe "next time" we will catch up!

Cheers, MAR.

Ewen said...

Those are some of the most even times I've seen from you Stu.

Hope the heel is OK if you're racing on the weekend.