Tuesday 31 October 2006

Tue 31 Oct 06, track session

8.5km today and 39km for the week so far.

Chained to my computer today working on some reports, so only a brief time on the net tonight. I am racing on Thursday in a Vic Milers meet at Box Hill in a 1500m, more to see where I am at, but also to support an excellent concept. So I thought that I would do short reps tonight, but Burkie suggested we stick with longer reps but lessen the amount, 5x800 @ 3 min with 90 sec recovery.

One of my training partners, Dave S, competes in Ironman comps with a strong emphasis on his kayaking skills, but a few months ago he got the Adventure racing bug, hence why he was buggered tonight. Sat he raced in a flat water 32km Kayak race in Geelong, finished just under 3 hours. Then on Sunday he competed in an Adventure Race at Mt Macedon, I'm not sure of all of the details, but basically it involved 4 hours on a mountain bike and just over 90 minutes of off road running. WOW!!! So tonight he rightly took it easy!

A nice size group (6) jumped in with me tonight, but they were doing 600s or 300s, so I started by myself and then they jumped on at differing marks. Considering the wind tonight I thought we would struggle a bit and be a bit slow, but this was not the case.

Splits (all recoveries were 90-91 sec):
2:53
2:51
2:51
2:52
2:51

Oh well, they were consistent, but a tad fast. An easy run tomorrow and then off to Box Hill for a 1500m race.

2 comments:

Ewen said...

A good set of 800s Stu. Try and hang back for an 80 first lap on Thursday and then build it - I'm sure you'll do well.

Em said...

Have a great run on Thursday, I may even make it down for a look, it is just around the corner after all.