Saturday 14 October 2006

Sat 14 Oct 06, All Comers at Aberfeldie

7km today and 61km for the week.

A busy day today, starting with Little A's coaching and coordinating the Under 6's, then a little shopping, then picking up Cam and off to Aberfeldie for the first track race since Apr for me. Both of us are competing in a 3000m race, with my PB of 10:49 I was hoping to give that a work over, but a few toughish sessions this week may stop that and of course a decent breeze at Aberfeldie.

Cam is a little unfit at the moment and has done minimal running since the HM in early Sep, so he agreed to run with me and try to help me with sub 86 sec per lap, which would put me very close to my PB and if all went well I would be able to take a few seconds off. At the same time last year I hadn't broken 11 minutes and today I did, so it would appear things are looking ok at the moment.

Laps:
81.9
84.4
85.8
85.8
88.5
90.8
139.84 (last 600m)

Time: 10:57.24

So I lost my pace around the 2k mark, Cam remained with me, but I told him to stay with me only as long as I was on pace and then do whatever he wanted, he left me with 700m to go and ran 10:29.

We finished off with a 10 min cool down around the Moonee Ponds area and then left.

2 comments:

Em said...

So glad you add the brackets on those final splits now, saves me the embarassment of any further "gee that was a fast/slow split" comments ;-)

Ewen said...

Looking at your splits, my thoughts are that the first two laps caused the back end of the race to be not so good. Kathy ran a 3k today in 10:49.5 with the first two laps being 84.3 and 85.9. I think her lack of outright speed helps moderate fast starts.

A good start to the season though compared to last year :)