Wednesday 25 October 2006

Wed 25 Oct 06, S2F training group

8.5km today and 49km for the week so far.

Thirt degrees one day and maybe 17 or so today...what a shocker, a SW wind, lots of cloud and barely any heat, what a contrast. Enough of the weather report!! A long day at the office, 7am start and finish at 5:40pm with a very short lunch break. Work was VERY busy today and provided a valid reason to miss the Corporate Cup, which was good, because at 10ish I was thinking I might run, but 10.30 came along and I was informed to be at a meeting at 12:30pm, no CC.

Tonight I arrived at Fed Square just before 6pm and organised myself to be looking after the 5km group so I could finish up earlier than normal, shower and then drive to the VIS for the AV Winter AGM. The 5k group invovled running from Fed Sq to the Tan, an entire lap + a few hundred metres and then back via the park system back to Fed Square, probably 5.5km. Today I looked after the front pack who were predominantly ladies who ran comfortably at 5-5:15 pace.

Once finished I conducted a brief stretching session and then ran back to Vic Barracks to shower and then made my way to the VIS.

No comments: