Wednesday 11 October 2006

Wed 11 Oct 06, Corporate Cup race & S2F training group

21km today so far and 48km for the week so far.

Lunchtime Corporate Cup race, according to Weatherzone it was 27 degrees with winds of 21 knots... why is it always windy on Wed lunchtimes??? I started with a 1200m warm up to the start line, whilst warming up I noticed that my legs were a little heavy but not too bad. On arrival I chatted and stretched and then got on the start line at 12:25pm, as per normal.

Today's run was my slowest for the Cup so far, 14:49, I didn't get all of my splits, missing the 2k marker; 3.45, 7.57, 3.06. Oh well, much faster than previous years, I might ensure that the final 2 rounds that I reduce my Tue night session and see if I can give my PB of 14:29 a kicking...

S2F training group this evening, will note later. Well I nearly didn't make it to the training group, dramas at work, someone tried very hard to break my safe and I had to wait for the locksmith to come and fix, luckily for me he made it and finished by 5:40. Wednesdays are my long day at work, generally arriving between 7:30 & 8am and leaving at 5:40pm and then off to S2F training group and then get home between 8 & 8:30pm and today was like that.

I jogged down to Fed Square via the Tan, passing my car and dropping off my backpack and some work, just over 1500m. I was allocated the 10k group as per normal, the numbers were down BIG time, generally between the 5k/10k & speed group we can have upto 60+ people, but tonight with the running of the Melb Marathon events the numbers were about 20-25. Very strange tonight, my group tends to be 80% female over many months, but tonight, excluding Leaders, there were 6 males and no females, very strange.

Anyway tonight's run was approx 5 min pace, a few of the guys had run the HM on the w/e and were looking to roll their legs over, mine were feeling quite heavy so I convinced Rupert to be the front Leader and I would look after the rear, but basically we all stuck together. Tonights run was just over 11.5km and with the run to and from I clocked up just over 14km.

2 comments:

Vicky said...

Hope the heel settles down OK.

Have to say, I could do with some of your weather over here! Please send it this way!

Have decided to try a bit of (grass) track work myself after Auck Half. It will be pretty casual, but will give me another session that is off the hard stuff...

Cheers, MAR.

Ewen said...

Yes, basically you've got two hard days in a row there Stu. Depends how important a good CC time is I guess.