Saturday 7 October 2006

Sat 07 Oct 06, two 1k time trials

7km today and 67km for the week so far.

As Connor's soccer presentation went longer than I expected I decided to skip going to Geelong and stay for the end of his presentation and then do a fast session at the track as I knew the track was going to be opened after 3pm. I ran Burkie and he suggested a 2km time trial.

Whilst waiting for Clare to get the keys I asked Cam if he wanted to trial as well, as I know he has been lacking in his training. Cam & I did the normal 3km warm up on the grass and then some stretching. i then did 2x60m strides in my Zoom Elites and then changed to my spikes and did another 4 strides with Cam.

With some unusally warm weather (29) and the wind picking up Cam and I decided to change to two x 1km time trial with a five minute break in between.

Times
3:23
3:31

It was tough work and the wind was a lot harder than I would have preferred, strangely 90 minutes prior it was dead still. The final 200m was very ordinary and I obviously have some work to do before any decent 800/1500 racing will happen. Cam found it tougher than me and withdrew at the 600m mark on the final run.

After I finished Clare asked if I would accompany her whilst she did her final 250 & 150, which I did, i know its hard to do a complete session by yourself, hence why I asked Cam to come along. All three of us did a cooldown of three laps in lane 8, of course in a clockwise direction.

A long run tomorrow before staring the first week back with Little A's, a new bunch of Under 6's to look after (one being Declan). :-)

1 comment:

Sekhmet said...

Hope you have fun with the Little A's - it all sounds very cute and I'm sure that you and Declan will have a great time :-)