Tuesday 31 October 2006

October's Running Stats



MONTH'S KMs- 290

YEARLY TOTAL - 2610 (same time last year 2671km)

INJURIES - No injuries, but a niggle in my right heel

EXCUSES - nil

RACES COMPLETED - All Comers 3000m & 1500, 1 Corporate Cup lap of the Tan

RACES COMING UP - Vic Milers 1500m, MMM Relay this Sunday & the Shield T&F Comp commences 11 Nov

GOALS - Regain my motivation and start to race some short races and find some speed.

I was pleasantly surprised with this month's kilometres, I know a 31 day month has helped, but I know I missed a few days and could have easily got over the 300 mark. I was going quite well for the first 2/3s of the month, but my mood got the better of me near the end of the month and I was feeling quite low and missed a few runs, so overall very happy. Also only a handful of races helps build the monthly stats and building a good base is important. Hopefully I can get motivated again and start smiling and get back into the hard work.

The heel is still a bit of a problem and I need some new shoes to help with the increase in effort, but I'll probably have to manage that due to $$$, rent increases, bills, child support and some fines (parking & speeding).

No run on Wednesday, will skip the day and look forward to my 1500m on Thu evening, between 8pm & 8:30pm. Rain is expected, which is fine, I just hope its not too windy, whilst I am not in PB form, I am hoping to run sub 4:55 (last race was 5:00).

2 comments:

Spark Driver said...

Better keep the speed for the track and not the car in future hey?

Ewen said...

I hope the famous Melbourne weather co-operated tonight Stu.

That's a pretty good month of running.