Thursday 19 October 2006

Thu 19 Oct 06, short reps & a brief session

6km today and 48km for the week so far.

Another long day at the office, starting just after 7am and finishing at 5:40pm, this meant arriving at the track just after 6pm, changed quickly and off for a 2.5k w/up, then 5x70m strides and stretching.

Tonight 5x300m, 52 sec with 3 min recovery, not a normal session for me, much longer breaks than I am used to and this meant the session was very controlled and a bit easy. I trained with Luke tonight, he did 6x300 @ 47 sec with 1 min recovery. So basically I did my rep with his every 2nd, this gave him someone to chase, which he commented helped as he trains by himself quite a bit.

Splits:
51.3
52.4
52.1
52.2
51.5

All the breaks were right on 3 minutes. I walked 300m and then changed tops, shoes and finished off with a few laps to spread the session out. Legs were a little tired at the start of the sessiion, but I was happy I made the effort to train and 'blow' the days work away.

No comments: