Tuesday 17 October 2006

Mon & Tue 16/17 Oct 06, Healesville run & a Hoppers run


Tue 14km today and 26.5km for the week so far.
I arrived at home just before 5:30pm, changed and then made my way out the door immediately to stretch the legs after a long day in a conference room and then 100+ minutes in the car returning home. I had let the guys know I wasn't going to the track, ran the local roads mixing my pace, running just over 60 minutes.

My legs were fine after yesterday's run, but today was more steady, excluding the final 15 minutes which were sitting on 4:15 pace. A good sweat and I must admit I am enjoying the sun whilst running at the moment.

Mon 12.5km today and for the week so far.

A two day work Business & Strategic Planning Conference at the RACV Country Club in Healesville, so after a full day on planning etc a 60 minute run was required. Being a few kms out of the township I followed a asphalt bike path along the road which ended up following a waterway (creek/small river/stream) and then I noticed a hill to my left so I turned (yes I do hills, occasionally) and worked my way up, 3-5 min effort and then found myself in an estate with some very nice houses and a few other small hills and rises. With a few lefts and rights and then I started to veer back in the direction of where I started, I soon noticed the estate was again on my right so I did a second lap really picking up the pace and working the hills very hard.

An enjoyable run and managing to get a few kms of hills into the legs at a good pace. First snake sighting for the season, coming back into the grounds of the Club I noticed a small snake, probably short of 1m long sliding across the grass about 20m to my right going away from me, I slowed down so I could watch it move away.

I finished off with about 10 min of stretching and 50 push ups and 100 sit ups/crunches.

1 comment:

Sekhmet said...

Beautiful area for a run Stu, I love Healesville...never saw any snakes there though (thank goodness!)