Monday 23 October 2006

Mon 23 Oct 06, a run along the Yarra

13km today and 32km for the week so far.

I could feel the effects of yesterdays run when I started running today at lunchtime in beautiful sunshine (20 degrees). I jogged from work to the 'pillars' on the Tan, just over 1.2km, to meet up with the Melbourne Midday Milers for a 10k run along the Yarra, which I thought was at recovery pace.

We started off with a group of 13 and looking around I knew I might be in dangerous territory, most had an easy weekend and all were A LOT faster than me and after 3-4kms I was starting to drop off the back of the pack. At this stage I was running probably 4:30ish pace or maybe even a tad faster, but I wasn't concerned as it was a beautiful time for a run. Finished off running the 10k MMM course and then made my way back to work, probably more than 60% of the run by myself.

Today I entered a 1500m race on Thu 2 Dec with the Vic Milers Club, hopefully there will be a good crowd of 4:45 runners and I will be able to hang on for a half decent time early in the season, if numbers are down and the second slowest is a 4:30 run then I may reconsider. Hopefully a few Western A members will make the trek to watch a couple of quick kids. Brad (16) has run 2 800s this season in 2:00.?? and is hoping for a tight group to help him break the 2 min barrier and Luke (19) is hoping to break the 4 min barrier for the 1500 for the first time. So even if I don't run there will be some GREAT racing.

No comments: