Wednesday 18 October 2006

Wed 18 Oct 06, S2F training group

15km today and 42km for the week so far.

I've been noting some of my work hours lately so I can see how I am feeling after some more testing days at work. I suspect the next few weeks will see some bigger hours, even on Sunday night I had to do about 4 hours work in preparation for the Planning Conference. Today I arrived at my desk at 6:30am and left at 5:40pm, quickly changed and then jogged to my car, dropped my back pack and then jogged into Fed Square.

Tonight I was asked to take the 10k group by myself, which was easy as the group was small (6) and for a second week again all males and predominantly of a similar pace. We ran around the MCG grounds, upto Punt Rd and then back around the 'G', upto the Tennis Centre bridge and then crossed the river at Swan St. We then make our way along the river upto Morrell bridge, complete lap of the Tan and then cross back over at Morrell Bridge again and make our back to Fed Square.

A bit of a quick chat with a few of the guys, some gentle stretching and then I jogged upto the Shrine and then back to my car just past Government Drive. I then stretched, into my car and organised to meet a friend in the Southbank region for a quick dinner, before making my way home.

Tomorrow will be another long day at the office, planning to get there before 7am again but hoping I can keep the boss happy and get to training some time between 5-6pm.

3 comments:

speedygeoff said...

under sixes - I have a grandson about to turn six who is blitzing opponents, and records, in his first weeks in little aths. Any advice (of any kind) on how to handle this?

Em said...

Ahhhh, 10 or 11 hour days, damn straight the boss had better be happy!!!

Hope you don't have to slog out the long hours behind the desk for too long!

Ewen said...

Long days will definitely take the edge of your training Stu - especially the hard sessions.

My tendency would be to switch a hard session to an easy one after a particularly long day, or if on the track, extend the recovery a bit and cut back the number of reps.