Sunday 22 October 2006

Sun 22 Oct 06, Federation Trail

19.1km today and for the week so far.

Left for my run just after 12pm, beautiful day, nearly 20 degrees, only a little bit of wind and loads of sunshine. Plan today was to run 90 minutes on the local roads, no-where in particular, just run.

So I left home and made my way to the Hogan's Rd footy ground/reserve and followed the dirt trail around the exterior of the reserve and then back onto Hogan's Rd, turning onto Morris Rd and making my way towards the Princess Hwy. As I was crossing the railway lines it was then I remembered that the Federation Trail had been opened today so I turned left and made my way onto the trail.

It was here (about 4km) I decided time for some sun so the singlet was off and I enjoyed 60 minute + of no singlet. The path is made up of ashphalt and concrete and follows a drain system. Not to bad for my purpose, ran with no traffic except some bikes, I'll probably visit this path once or twice a month.

I wore my Garmin today and the aim was to sit in the 4:50-5:00 area, which I basically did, 91:20 for 19.1km, so an average just below 4:50 pace.

1 comment:

Em said...

Nice trail, similar to the one we have starting in Templestowe and following the yarra to the city (42 Kms). At this rate they may join up and the we will have to build a Hadrian's Wall type structure to keep the maruding hordes from the west form invading us :-)

Nice 1500 mtre effort yesterday BTW