Friday 5 May 2006

Fri 05 May 06, rest day

0km today and 55km for the week so far, 4/5 runs this month

I kind of thought of a 30 minute roll along the Yarra but was very busy at work and I am trailing a 2 day rest before the GTR, I so hope my legs are bursting with energy on Sunday. Today I was very busy at work, arrived 07:40 & left at 5:15pm and worked solid all day, which was good, allowed me to be distracted from a few shitty life things.

Anyway, excluding wanting to note a 2 day resting period I also wanted to mention that I am a dickhead when it comes to electrical & elctronic things... I posted a few weeks ago about my Garmin and the recharger that I thought I couldn't use, well........I noticed that it had 240v on the bottom but it also had a guage on the side, so I asked a friend who is a little smarter with electrics than me, and yes I know, everyone is laughing at the moment, set it to 5 Stu and charge your Garmin. Duh!

So the Garmin is charging its little life a way and I will be lending it to one of the runners tomorrow so we can get the elevation of the Woodlands Reserve (Gellibrand Hill).

Rightio stop laughing everyone and get back to your training!

3 comments:

Steve's Stuff said...

What can I say? lol

Unknown said...

It was my rest day today, Stu Mac & it has ended with a jolly good laugh at your expense!! Nice story though! Run well on Sunday.

Em said...

Classic! If it makes you feel any better i have a friend who thought his mibile phone was "broken" because the screen was still dark after he charged it.

I showed him how to switch it on, before he took it back to the shop & made a right wally of himself.