Wednesday 17 May 2006

Wed 17 May 06, now was this a running blog or a sickies blog

0km today and for the week so far, 9/17 runs this month

You may ask why is Stu posting this non running crap, well I have wondered too, but as my coach said I need to note things like why I'm not running, it is all relevant to my running wants & desires. So..... here's another shit day to tack onto the others!!!

This morning I woke to find my chest was SO BIG and SO RED it was embarrassing, rang the hospital and they arranged an appt to have my chest drained via an ultra sound at Werribee hospital at 1pm. I was aching everywhere and did not feel very good. Eventually after chatting on MSN for a bit I had a shower and whilst getting out got really dizzy, fell and hit my head on the door and then the floor, I think. I think I may have been laying there for a few minutes, not really sure. After getting dressed and making a few calls to find someone available I finally found someone to take me to the hospital, as I was bleeding, vomiting and not feeling very good.

Anyway a few hours in emergency and then I finally had my chest drain, 85 mils they took out and gave me a bunch of injections. Anyway, I got home about 5ish and now feel ok, sort of.

On the way home I checked in with my GP re my blood tests that I had last Friday, and finally some good news for me in a month I would probably like to forget...he says that all is good and I have no problems what so ever, well that is except my chest and the infection there.

A few hours have passed and I know fluid is building up again, but that was to be expected, a simple procedure is not really proving to be so and is starting to piss me off, I don't really need this, I have enough things to worry about! The only good thing coming from this is my coach is happy that I am having some time off my legs and resting for 7-10 days.

Let me tell all the readers, I would trade a long run for this shit any day!

And please remember I am not looking for sympathy, I just post for the sake of it and a few may understand me a little better, even though I can be a little cryptic at times. ;-)

11 comments:

Steve's Stuff said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

That sounds so serious, thank god you got in touch with someone after the fall.

Take it easy, listen to the doctor, running can wait.

Em said...

Bugger - I'd be in a vile mood. vent all you like, I can understand your frustration.

Anonymous said...

hey stu,
hang in there, the running can wait!
get yourself better first.

Anonymous said...

The fainting thing is a real worry. Can you not have a friend (or your son) stay over until your better? You have no idea how long you were unconscious! What if it's worse next time?

Sorry to be so negative - especially when your feeling so crappy.

You will be running again soon.

Anonymous said...

oh jeez, now I feel guilty for sounding harsh!

sorry - just used to you telling me off everytime I get injured! ;)

hang in there

Clairie said...

You can call me anytime Stu!!

Not that being in Brissy I would be much help but....

Perhaps with recent events you may want to discuss with your friends the requirement to have a few 'on-call' buddies in case you have the need for it. Kind of like a 000 for personal friends.

I have done that when I have had surgery in the past. You hopefully won't have to use it but if you do - I know I can call on others.

Very helpful to have at work too in case you go ill - they may have old next of kin details or office staff may not have access to HR records and therefore would not know who to call to come and take you home etc.

Rant over

My next run I will think of you and use up your leg strength. :)

Spark Driver said...

That sounds like crap. I know you are not looking for sympathy but I do feel sorry for you.

Tesso said...

Before too long and you'll be back out there. But its not all bad. Being injured I'm finding I'm using the extra time to rediscover things ... like sleeping in :-)

Take care Stu. And keep on posting, even if it is just to whinge.

Anonymous said...

Geez, we get cranky when we can't run ...... I know the feeling.

Sorry you are still out of action ..... take care

Eat Em

PS : The 10 kms will still be there when you get back running ....

Ewen said...

Stu, f you can't take it out in the Dandenongs, talk about it.

A good idea to have a record of the problem times.

Great news re the blood test!