Saturday 20 May 2006

Sat 20 May 06, finally.... a run!

17km today and for the week so far, 10/20 runs this month

Nine days a go I ran and this morning when I woke I knew I was going to put some k's in this weeks log, phew. Started the day out and about, kids XC, kids soccer and then dropped them off & picked up big kid (Cam) and make our way to the Dandenong Ranges to meet a few others from our Club for a 'pack run' at Ferny Creek.

As I have been out to Ferny Creek more than anyone else that was present I took the lead and showed them the small loop, about 12 min and the we turned and ran back along the route that goes back up to Tourist Rd and made our way back in to the forest, here we started to break into two groups, I back tracked looking for Bel but she cut through onto another track, which ended up being the one I did too and ended up me, Adam & Bel all enjoying each others company for 30 min or so when Bel decided that 60 min would be enough today. Then myself and Ads continued on and went investigating, past the falls, along a laneway past some houses and we found a 'goat track' that went down, down and down, we knew if we couldn't work out where we were when we got to the bottom we only had two choices, get lost or turn around and go back up!!!

At the bottom of the deep gully over a little bridge, now running (finally, the down was too steep) and up a little hill I discovered a little cafe where Tim Crosbie's squad regroup and work the S Bends, excellent, I will introduce the much faster than me Ads to the S Bends (well it sounded like a good idea), up we went, past the home car park for a few minutes and then crossed the road and returned to the car park in 92 minutes.

I was so happy to be running and chatting (except up the S Bends), and I felt great, a change of clothes with Skins on and I felt very satisified. Chatted and then returned home. It is now four hours later and I feel great and looking forward to a casual run tomorrow.

:-)

5 comments:

Em said...

Lovely up there, that is where I grew up.

You must be in an excellent mood now :-)

Sekhmet said...

Oh at last! You got out for a run and now we don't have to listen to your whining ;)

And tenth fav blog hey? I might just have to drop you from my blogroll young man!

See you at Willi (if I'm still speaking to you by then lol)

;-)

Unknown said...

Great to hear that you're out and
about again running - it can only get
better now!
Best

SB

Anonymous said...

Nine days without running, what a slacker......lol It must be good to be back.

vat_man said...

Good to see you back out there. Hopefully you haven;t lost too much condition, but if it's only been 9 days the break's probably done you some good.