Wednesday 24 May 2006

Wed 24 May 06, 70 min run in Hoppers

14km today and 35km for the week so far, 13/24 runs this month

I have today off from work to fit in a few medical appointments throughout the day and I thought I would enjoy a run in the warmest part of an autumn day here in Melbourne, so I left home 10:30ish. I decided I would wear my Garmin for a measurement and run parts of one of my normal local runs and then add onto it. I ran for 70 minutes and did just over 14.1km.

A strange run, I felt rather tired throughout and with my mind wondering I wouldn't rate it as one of my best runs. Legs and body overall felt average and my pace was not where I wanted it. But the tick in the box for the run and I know it will benefit my running in the coming months. Re the race this weekend, I am starting to think I may be a week or so away from being ready to race properly, with last nights session and a tired run today, I am not expecting an ideal race...but hopefully I am wrong.



A personal note; I was kindly reminded last night that many people have the same issue as me and they can get on with it... well maybe they want to!

6 comments:

michael donnelly said...

Hi Stu,

Good to see you are on the road recovery .

Regards
Michael

Unknown said...

Thanks for comments on my blog, Stu Mac; I have a great coach to thank for Sunday's success!

BTW you will run well at the weekend!

Em said...

Stu, everyone's situation is unique, only you can deal with whatever you need to deal with in your own way. No need to worry about other people, just deal as you see fit. Does that make sense, I am trying to be nice here :-)

Anonymous said...

I suppose if you really don't feel ready for the weekend just treat it as a pure social event and what ever will be will be.

Tesso said...

If you do race on the weekend and the result isn't up to scratch then just imagine how good it will feel at the next race when you once again record good times. And you can always go out there and help somebody else to a great result.

Anyway, I'm very glad you hear you are on the mend.

Sekhmet said...

You'll still enjoy Sunday regardless, and I MAY let you have one of my pancakes if you promise not to be a sook ;)