Monday 15 May 2006

Monday 15 May 06, still not running

0km today and for the week so far, 9/15 runs this month

Lets see, Operation on Thursday, attempted to have the drain & hose removed on Friday, the nurse and Dr decided still draining to qquickly so it will remain for another day. Inconvience, but I did Little A's XC then soccer for 45 minutes, handed over to Julie (mum) and then I picked up Cam and went to hospital. Drained removed, change of dressing and got to see the hole and stitches. Made my way out to Sandown, sadly as a spectator. Of course once arriving I decided as I wasn't running I would act as Team Manager and ensure all of the runners knew where they were going and when, handing out the AV booklets and tags.

Some great times from the guys and gals at Western A's, loads of PBs and some very good times. The end of the day I started to get a little frustrated, perfect conditions and many fast times, especially 2 guys I beat at GTR ran high 38s and low 39s, that could have been me!!! I suspect!!

Without the drain I have noticed that my chest is now very swollen and sore and as I type (8:30pm) I know I cannot yet run, it was sore just jogging to my letter box.




Sunday, I went to the Mother's Day Classic around the Tan and took Cam so he could support his girlfriend and so I could support the girls from the RW/S2F forum and Clare from my aths club was running too (from her sick bed, "rolling eyes"). This pic was the start of the 4k race which Clare, Karina, Crissy, Ruth (Cam's gf mum), Charlene (Cam's gf) & Margaret (a mum from the Club). In the 8k was Em, Michelle, Jay, Beki, who all ran well, ROTD was Emma, she blitzed the course and is looking very good to be running a fast 10km at Sri Chinmoy at the end of the month, I have predicted; 47:45... good luck Em...

With a sore chest and some other probs I really wish I could go for a long run and let the world's troubles disappear of a bush trail somewhere, but I can't.... and happily I haven't turned to any drinks to let that wipe the worries away, still drinking water and just complaining...and of course my mind is away with the fairies.

5 comments:

Em said...

I think the rule with minor surgery is you have 1 weeks grace to bitch, moan, feel sorry for yourself and generally expect sympathy all round. So you have 3 days left then it is back out there young man.

And maybe a sports bra if the swelling doesn't subside ;-)

Take it easy

Sekhmet said...

Actually Em, I think he may have used a week's worth of bitching and moaning on Sunday *rolls eyes* PMSL ;-)

Take it easy Stu, and stop rubbing at it! It'll get better a lot more quickly if you'd quit touching it!!!!!

Jaykay said...

And I thought I could bitch, moan and whinge, but Stu I take my hat off to you....you're good!!

Ewen said...

The 'high 38' will be you this year Stu. Just get back to your pre-Canberra form.

Anonymous said...

whinge and whine away - it kills the time and sometimes helps. I have been doing it for a few years now - it will also make that return to running so much more enjoyable