Monday 1 May 2006

Mon 01 May 06, The Tan & a new month

12km today and 31km for the week so far, 1/1 runs this month

Left work just after 5:15pm for a run in the city regon, I was going to run along the Yarra but decided that running on the Tan would be better, some light and I could play around with my pace using the km markers. Walked about a km to where my car was parked and then jogged to the Tan. Progressive laps of the Tan x 3, with all of them to be very much within myself.

Started in light rain and only used my watch to take note of the first km each lap starting from the Pillars and to take note of each lap time. With little wind but regular rain I ended up being a very wet runner. The first km was 5:05, whilst going up Anderson St I noticed Steven, he was about 50m ahead of me, we where going about the same pace and as it was my first lap I didn't want to catch up and throw my pacing out.

Lap times:18:45, 17:50, 17:01. The final lap I mucked around a fair bit, going very quick in the final km for a hundred and then slowing down and then surging again. Finished off with a slow 5 minutes to cool down, stretched in the rain, mainly calves and quads, changed in the rain and then drove home and did a lot of glute and sciatic stretches. Obviously it would have been better if I could have done these at the Tan after my run, but I didn't feel like sitting & laying in the rain. Overall a nice run.

4 comments:

Tesso said...

Stu, good to see you closing in on that 1000k for the year.

Steve's Stuff said...

Yep, that was a 'non race cool runner sighting'. Or was that an 'Aus Runner' sighting.

Ewen said...

Stu, with the Tan, is it the done thing to run clockwise (up the big hill)?

Stu Mac said...

Yer Ewen, the majority of runners run the Tan clockwise for the benefit of running up Anderson St. The majority of people I know have slower PBs running anticlockwise which runs down the big hill.

Stu