Thursday 20 April 2006

Thu 20 Apr 06, a run in Hoppers

13km today and 25km for the week so far, 15/20 runs this month

I finished work a little early today as I had a doctor's appt, after that I was home 3.40ish and this meant I could get a few kms and a shower before pilates. Started the run in light rain but nothing to bad and that was the way it remained for the 55 minutes I was out there, off and on, light rain. The Garmin's last stats (explain later) were 12.8km in 55m 11sec, avg 4:20 per k, but there were a few fast kms thrown in and the first 2kms were in the 4.40 area.

The majority of the run was on the roads in bike lanes but a few kms were off road around the Hogans football ground and a couple of laps around the Mossfiel Reserve. Wasn't in the greatest mood to start my run, but I knew I needed to get a few k's happening and start the process. I started off at a casual pace just letting the mind wonder but controlling my pace and checking it regularly, sitting 4:40-45. After 1.5km I was on a dirt track and I picked the pace immediately to 4:20 for just over 1km, then back to 4:35-40 for awhile. After 4k I started thinking about my arm action that Burkie has got me working on, so I thought ok lets run properly and work a little for the next 1-2km. Straight away concentrating on good arm action and increasing my stride and there was 3:50 pace for 8 minutes before I thought I would cruise for a bit. I did the same thing a few times, sometimes for 1 min and other times 2 or 3 minutes, mixing it up, sometimes dropping back to 4:40 pace.

Overall not a bad run, light rain most of the time, some good work and some cruising. Home, showered, snacked on salada and then made my way to pilates. Tonight I didn't really push myself too much at pilates, slightly disinterested, but did enjoy the lower back & hamstring stretching, especially after my run.


My Garmin...and I'm sure someone will have some advice. I purchased on eBay and I think it has an American adapter, so I have never charged it, where do I go to get a good deal.





Filling my blog when some pics, I know, but... this picture was taken at the War Memorial Cafe, a very special place which has a lot of meaning to me and was a great day!


3 comments:

Steve's Stuff said...

Re - the Garmin. Any Dick Smith or electronics shop should sell international adapters ($10 - $20), that's what I had to do (got mine on ebay via USA). As it's turned out though, I rarely use the adapter to charge the Garmin, I just use the usb connection to the computer.

Jaykay said...

You could try a camping store for the adaptor. I was in Anaconda on Monday and saw them there for sale.

I also use my usb connected to my PC whilst I'm downloading all the information. Charges the Garmin whilst connected.

Ewen said...

It's great those form changes showed such an immediate effect.

That's a great cafe - esp outside on a sunny day.