Wednesday 31 May 2006

Wed 31 May 06, S2F training run plus some extra

13.5km today and 58km for the week so far, 19/31 runs this month

Left work at 5ish today and dropped my stuff at the car which was parked on the Tan. Jogged at 5 min pace down to Fed Square and dropped my long sleeve T and then made my way around the 5k training course with my Garmin to measure and to get a few k's in at 4:30 pace. The course was 5.35km which I did in a touch over 22 min. Had a drink and put my LS on and chatted with a few of the regulars. Tonight I was leading the 'very' unpopular Fast 5km Group and yet again no one wanted to play so I acted as the 2nd leader with the medium 5k group.

Tonight they were trialing the 5 & 10k courses that are being used for the Run to the G, of course with a jog to the start line the run ended up being 5.8km. Personally I thought the 5k course was a little ordinary, too many turns. The Leader of the group told them he was taking them out at 5-5:15 pace but never got near there, I kept telling him they were sitting 5:30-45, but oh well, I just cruised and in final 2k took a couple of the guys and one girl and got them up to 5 min pace, he then caught up and took them in at that pace, I then dropped back and picked the stragglers.

Finished with some more chatting and then ran back to my car. All up over 13km for the evening, all fairly casual but enjoyable.

Today I volunteered to be a Pace Leader for either the 10k or Half Marathon, I'm not too fussed what they get me to do, the Pace Leaders for 1:30 & 1:40 are gone and all of the 10k times are vacant, I told Amanda (S2F) that I shouldn't pace the 40 min group as I haven't done that myself yet. And of course tonight Old Miler gave me a couple of 'jabs' re my 10k time..... all good and agreed.

1 comment:

Sekhmet said...

Can't possibly imagine why no one would want to play with you Stu ;)