Wednesday 3 May 2006

Wed 03 May 06, S2F Training Group, medium 5k

8km today and 47km for the week so far, 3/3 runs this month

Parked on the Tan near Govt Dve and jogged into to Fed Square and checked in at the Atrium, I had been allocated the medium paced 5k group, which has become a bit of the norm, so of course you start to know some of the participants quite well, enjoy seeing their improvements and of course chatting with the first timers. Tonight I had 11 in the group, for the first time I had 3 guys, one dropping back in prep for the GTR and the 2 others were first timers to the pace and training groups.

The normal course, down Wellington Pde, around Fitzroy Gardens, in the MCG precinct, over the new footbridge and back via Fed Square. A pleasant run, the city looks good at night, the G looks magnificant and back into Fed Square is good at night too, always very busy. Every week I teel my groups that when they get back to Fed Sq they need to concentrate on looking good, making all of the lazy people jealous at how good we look... :-)

After the run (I think is 5.5k) I got the group to stretch and chatted with a few in particular as they had some further questions, then I ran back to the Tan. All up a nice relaxing run. Tomorrow's run will be at the You Yangs around the exterior on one of the horse trails with one of the girls from my aths club who is looking for a consistent paced 40 minute run, which will suit me as she is slightly slower than me, but it will ensure I do not get carried away, so close to Puffing Billy race which I hope I can beat for my first time.



I haven't run the GTR for 3 years and the last time I struggled on some of the hills, but I am confident I will move up them fairly well, but will give them some respect, but for some reason I think the YY's are harder, as you start at a much lower elevation.... I hope so anyway.

1 comment:

Sekhmet said...

You'll beat it - no worries ;) Especially if it is raining you'll have no excuse - lol :)

Must agree with you on the city at night - the only training run I did there for R4K I really enjoyed running along the Yarra and past Fed Square, nice to be going past all those people sitting there doing nothing! Also makes a great change to the usual runs.