Sunday 21 May 2006

Sun 21 May 06, Werribee River run

12km today and for the week so far, 11/21 runs this month

After a late night of chatting on MSN and then a late night phone to mend some bridges I woke nice and late and did not venture out of bed until after 9am. From here I decided I was going to enjoy another run today so I sent a text to many of the guys and some of the girls to try and organise a group run from the Riverbend car park in the mid arvo.

Many working and a couple had already run, and a couple are overseas (UK & Bali) I could only manage myself, Luke (19) & Chris (18). Which was great, I wanted to chat to Chris and convince him that he needed to rejoin the club and help strengthen the men's teams, which appears to have worked, this has been an ongoing project.

So we took off from the car park at 4pm and made our way into Werribee along the river and up and down the hills into Pres Park for some fun, once into Wyndham Park we went up onto a road and ran towards Geelong until we got to 27 min, then turned and came home slightly harder, all up a mid 52 min run.

Running with the boys is a great way to ensure a solid run, but thankfully Chris has been a bit slack with his training so they weren't too hard on me ;-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I missed you by about 5 hours today. I had a late one as well, also following the Werribee River.

At least you're back into it.

Ewen said...

Good to see you back running Stu. The numbers for the track session tomorrow will be interesting. Don't kill yourself.