Friday 30 December 2005

Wed 28 Dec, a road run around Gungahlin (sp)

12km today & 46km for the week so far

Another scorcher today so Gem and I where out the door just after 8am, she wanted to do her 5k course, a nice pace, probably around 5 min to 5.10 pace, we got to the turn around point and she suggested I should move on, I told her I would stay for another km or so to encourage and chat with her (which later on she told me she was happy I did because she really wanted to walk). With 500m to go Gem pick up the pace and worked home so I sat beside her encouraging and then I continued on into the 'town centre' and had a look at the shops whilst sitting about 4:40 pace. Again very warm and for the final 7k I ran topless, working on tan and dripping with sweat everywhere!

The final 2k is up a slight hill which I really picked up the pace to my 5k race pace then I turned up a little street because it had a 200m steep hill and went up and down that a few times to get the legs screaming a bit and then an easy 500m back to Gem's place, dripping, a lot!

No comments: