Friday 30 December 2005

Fri 30 Dec 05, road run

13km today & 59km for the week so far

Out the door just past 7am and it was warm already, I think I heard on the local radio that the coolest it was overnight was 26 degrees....

Today I was by myself and made my way towards the home of the Summernats and followed the road for 30 minutes ending on the Federal Hwy for 5 minutes, then walking for 1 minute and then turning and trying to get home under 30 minutes, which I did, even though a few rolling hills on the way home did make it a little harder than I expected.

I later measured the run, 12.9km. Satisifed. Today is expected 37 degrees, so I will be attempting to find air conditioning this arvo and hope it is not to uncomforable tonight.

I am hoping to find Ewen tomorrow morning at 7am, he is meeting some potential 6Ft runners and he tells me we will end up on Mt Ainslie which should be very enjoyable, the shortest run is 14k, so I will see firstly if I can find them and secondly I will wait to see how many hills are involved before deciding how far I run. Just run as far as I am comfortable.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stu,

Enjoyed meeting you in Canberra. Ewen took the liberty of pointing me to your blog - hope it is OK. He told me you enjoyed your run at Mt Majura.

Hopefully Ewen and I will meet up with you when we compete for our usual coffee in the Puffing Billy race. I will also try and beat the ladies train.

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Stu Mac :)

Hopefully your weather is cooling down, ours has and I went out for a run at first light today

Hope 2006 holds some brilliant PB's for you

Steve's Stuff said...

All the best for 2006.

Anonymous said...

Just found your blog again, sorry to hear about the annoying comments.

I just read through - took me a while and noticed you run nearly everyday. Do you have a designated day off or just when you feel like it?

Good luck for 2006. My new years resolution is to run with my top off too!!

Lil

Stu Mac said...

lil, I generally have 3-5 days off per months, I tend not run prior to races or if I feel like I need a rest, it just depends!