Thursday 1 December 2005

Thu 1 Dec, first day of summer

8km today and 42km for the week so far

What a GREAT morning, I arrived at the Tan at 6:20am and too off straight away, ran approx 1km stopped and did some stretching and then continued on, every 250m I surged at 1500m pace and then slowed down to 5:00ish pace, 2 laps in beautiful sunshine, no wind and lots of others running too.

The Zatopek Classic today at Olympic Park, should be a great meet with the majority of the elite distance runners competing, some of the names that comes to mind that are not running are Craig Mottram, Lee Troop & Dan Green, but the majority of others are. My money for the men's race is on Brett Cartright or Martin Dent and for the women, Susan Michelsson or Hayley McGregor, Anna Thompson. A few from my club will be in attendance supporting our sport.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for kind comments on my blog, StuMac; must be very exciting watching the Zatopek Classic...I hope you were able to be there!

Nothing like summer here...just wind & rain; I sloshed around the grass track yesterday & finished with mud all over the back of my legs right up to the knees! I like a tan, but this was too much!