Thursday 22 December 2005

Wed 21 Dec, You Yangs mid week???

14km today and 46km for the week so far



Picture: Compliments of Steve again, this is one of the typical roads on the Great Circle Drive, nice surface to run on!!


I feel fine, no effects from yesterday's training session, but my sleep pattern was very ordinary, I'm sure I was still awake at 3am, even though I was in bed by 11.30ish, I kept hearing noises and my head was going around & around, but still I woke 10 minutes before my alarm at 5:45am....

About 2ish I decided I would leave work around 3ish and go off to the You Yangs or Gellibrand, but it was suggested that the YY are closer & easier to get to... At 1pm it was sunny & 32 degrees, 2:45pm it was pouring and was only 23 degrees with a lighting storm to impress. I left work about 3:40ish and drove home in the rain, got changed, still determined I would run. Drove to the YY in off & on rain, 2k's prior to getting to the park, I moved away from the clouds and was bathed in sunshine???

According to my car outside temp gauge (gotta love new car gadgets) it was 18 degrees but the humidity was quite high, so singlet off (esp if it was going to rain again) and this was the right decision, I was soaked when I finished. The first 20 minutes of the run I daydreamed and tried to clear my head, then the hills hit me and I just concentrated and worked the hills, with the second hill I pushed at 10k pace and really worked & puffed a lot. No effects from the past few days & finished well, 65 minutes for the course.

Tomorrow is my last day at work for 2 weeks, I intend to attend some work drinks & lunch, then make the trip home on the train, attend a club Christmas bbq, so no running tmw, just drinks.............. (well it is Christmas).

I pick my boys up on Friday morning and they will stay with me until Saturday arvo and then on Christmas morning I have been invited to spend a few hours with them, thankfully, Christmas is especially for the kids & family!

5 comments:

Jen said...

Looks like a beautiful place to run Stu.

Thank you for all your support and encouragement this year. Wishing you and the boys a wonderful and safe Christmas and New Years.

Anonymous said...

Stu,

What a great area to run ... I will have to get across there in the New Year.

Takecare over Xmas & enjoy the time with the boys ...

Eat 'Em

Steve's Stuff said...

Snap, I was there earlier in the day, running in the thunder & lightning.

Anonymous said...

stu, have a good xmas with the kids,looking forward to reading your reports nex year.

Wobbly man said...

All the best to you and your kids for Christmas Stu. Looking at those monthly Kms, I think you have earned a drink and a day off tomorrow!