Friday 16 December 2005

Thu 15 Dec, a late track session

7km today and 28km for the week so far

Arrived at the track at 6:15pm, so I would be training by myself, did 5 lap warm up with Narelle whilst she was doing her cool down, then some stretching and 5x60m strides. I got to have a chat with Mark Cornish about his great win in the Vic Milers 800m race over Kris McCarthy, he was very happy and he was especially happy with running a 1 sec PB, low 1:50s WOW WOW.

Tonight I was given the choice of bends & straights (boring) or 6-8x200m @ 36-27 sec, so I choose the 200s but I ended up doing them faster, with a diagonally cross of the track for a recovery (jogging, approx 1 min).

Splits (recover):
33.5 (1:03)
33.9 (1:04)
34.4 (1:01)
34.3 (1:14)
35.01 (1:05)
35.2 (1:17)
35.5 (1:01)
34.8 (walked 200m & then jogged for 3 laps for a cool down)

Found it to be very dry and breathing felt harder than normal, legs felt a little trashed, probably a few hard days in a row (note). I will do an easy 45-60 minutes tonight, hopefully off road too, maybe along the river.

Western A's have a lot of teams in the State relays this weekend, Cam is competing in a weakened U20 4x800m race & the Open 4x1500m. I am the team managfer for the Men's U20 & Open teams, but this will not involve a great deal at all. Last round for Little A's, the U6s and I intend on playing up, and I hope to get a few k's in this weekend as well. Should be making my way to Geelong for the Ron Clarke Classic meet at the John Landy field.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you not running the relays? I would have come down for a squiz!

Where does your club train? Are there many ladies there in the 30 - 35 age group?

Stu Mac said...

G'day lil, no I am not running in the Relays, not fast enough. We have a few ladies in the 25-32 age group, which are of various abilities and have lots of fun, a good bunch. This year we had 2 teams in the AV winter comp and we hope to build on that, with our first team winning Div 3 and will now be in Div 2 and we hope we can fill our other teams in Div 3. If you are interested drop me a line at stuart.macaulay@defence.gov.au we train at Parsons Reserve Sunshine & Hoppers Lane Hoppers Crossing (main HQ).