Wednesday 14 December 2005

Tue 13 Dec, track session

10km today and for the week so far

Oh where have I been, no running since Saturday..... off for a warm up with the 2 Dave's, lots of chatting about my new car and our racing on the weekend. Heard about Dave's Ironman racing on Sunday at Ocean Grove, whilst enjoying a nice and easy warm up of just over 15 minutes. Then I did 5x70m strides at a quick pace with some stretching included.

Tonights session was 6x800 @ 5k pace, approx 85 sec per lap was the plan, but the first 200m into the wind was 41-42sec. I did 5 at a quick pace, not entirely sure of exact times as I forgot my watch, but I do remember 2:40ish to 2:50 for the majority of the session. My last 500 of the final rep was fairly ordinary with the legs feeling very 'trashed'. Recoveries varied from 70 sec upto 2 min for the final couple.

Three lap cool down and then some stretching. Tonight's run took me over 3000km for the year, which was one of my goals. Wed night I am planning to run inthe Christmas Run at Albert Park, either 5k or 10k, yet to decide and therefore will miss my last pilates class.

3 comments:

Steve's Stuff said...

Congrats on 3000 k's. That's a heap of running.

Anonymous said...

You've put in some massive K's Stu, someone like me could only dream of that. Well done, what are your goals for '06?

Stu Mac said...

Travis, as I mentioned on your blog there was no picture of me in the local paper, but this week my name made the Western A's report in the Banner.

Lil, no goals yet, they will come to me in Jan 2006.