Monday 19 December 2005

Mon 19 Dec 05, a quick local run

6km today and 27km for the week so far

Even though I had today off I wasn't going to run, but about 8.30ish I decided I needed some fresh air and so I went for an easy paced 6k from home, nothing special just to clear the head. It didn't really work but I tried. Planned track session on Tuesday: ???


I have been thinking of dropping my blog for many reasons, but I have discovered that many of my friends silently read and are able to keep up with some of my comings & goings and to be honest I cannot be bothered to start another running log so this seems as good as anything.

Last night I confirmed with a friend in Canberra that I could hang out at her place for a week or so to help clear my head so those Canberra people who are looking for a run with a Victoria drop me a line here on my blog. I will be in Canberra from 26 Dec until 01/02 Jan 06.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Stu,

I think I will need to train before I introduce myself to a club, all sounds very serious!

Great photos from Williamstown and well done on the return trip. Do you run for that long with drinking or are there stops on the way?

Lil

Stu Mac said...

G'day Lil

There are a few drinking fountains along the way, that is one of the reasons it is popular for running, no need for a fuel belt.

Don't let any perceived thoughts stop you from joining a running club, as a general rule we are just a bunch of people who enjoy running. For example since joining Western A's I have taken over 6 minutes off my 10k time and another example this year in the Tan Relays we had 2-3 girls who ran over 20 minutes for the Tan, we are just having fun.

Jen said...

I'm glad to hear that you didn't abandon your blog. I find it very inspiring and I know that many others do too!

I hope the time away in Canberra (not to mention the lovely CRs down there) can help you to clear your head.

Ewen said...

Don't drop your blog Stu!

I'm away for Christmas. Will be back in Canberra Tuesday 27 December... it'd be great to catch up for a run. I think we're training at Calwell that Tuesday, then Thursday.

There's an Interclub on Tues Jan 3 from 6pm (1500, 100, 400 and 10k champs about 8pm).

Ewen said...

By the way Stu, my mobile number is 0402 324 984. Give me a call or text me on Tuesday.