Tuesday 20 December 2005

Tue 20 Dec, a short track session

5km today and 32km for the week so far

A very warm afternoon, I was very surprised when I left work, I arrived at work just after 7am and it was only 14 degrees or so and I hadn't seen or heard the weather and was very surprised to find it was about 33 degrees and dry.

Arrived at the track about 4:45pm and waited for the gates to be unlocked, got changed and put on a hat and did 6 laps and then some run throughs, already I was quite warm and took off my singlet, which felt better. A few stretches and mentioned to Burkie that I was only here to roll through a session, hadn't been sleeping well, eating well or looking after myself and was stress about stuff. So he suggested a bunch of 200s until I had enough, even it was 4.

I dropped my water at the start finish line and gave myself a big squirt on my face, head & back. I then jogged around to the start of the 200s. Intent was to do the 200 in 33-34 and then roll around to the start and off again.

Splits: 33.1, 33.0, 32.9, 33.2, 32.7, 33.1 & 32.2 = 7

After the last repeat I started to have a lot of trouble breathing and felt very unwell, so I walked off the track and made my way back to my gear, but by the time I got there I continued on to the back of the building and brought up everything in my stomach, wow so much better. Not sure why, probably a few things come to mind, but nothing to be worried about. I went to the toilets and washed my face, mouth and head and started my cool down, again I need to relieve my stomach.

My cool down was a 400m walk and then I made my way home for a shower and a drink of endura to get the electrolytes back into me. Afterwards and now I feel great with no probs, I suspect just one of those things...but I'll take it easy for the next few days and not stress the body. Had a healthy dinner, salmon & salad.

1 comment:

Steve's Stuff said...

That's an interesting training technique at the end. I think I'll pass on that one.