Sunday 18 December 2005

Sun 18 Dec, north west CRs run in Willi

21km today and for the week so far





Meet a bunch of CRs at the Newport Aths track just before 8am. Roll Call: Left to Right - John, Morley, Hobsons Bay runner, Jo C & Pete, Grasshopper or Steve (depends which photo), Wiseman (yellow six foot t-shirt), Hobsons Bay Runner (ultra marathoner), Stu Mac, Tiger Boy and Also Ran (Stephen from Hoppers). Photo: compliments of Steve (copied from his blog)

We made our way along the foreshore into a headwind which was also swirly, a nice easy pace for the group of 10 or so and we stayed together easily for quite a while, according to those who wear the Garmins, I think I heard we were sitting at 5.10 pace. We stopped for water stops and continued our way thru Altona and into the swamp area passed Altona.

We stopped to turn around at 10.7k in 55 min or so, very easy, I decided I would push home by myself and get the heart rate up, so top off and off I went, the return trip in 45 minutes. Walked around and chatted with a few Western A' U18 girls who were warming up for the Club Team Championships, drank a bottle of endura and had 2 bananas and did minimal stretching.

Chatted with the everyone when they returned and then went to say hi to Sam & Clare on their arrival at the track. Off home, stopped for subway & paper. Will be off to Newport again to watch the Open 4x1500 race at 2pm.

2 comments:

Steve's Stuff said...

Thanks for your comments Stu - was good to finally catch up. Hopefully we'll have a few more runs down the track.

Anonymous said...

I like the photo...can't see you and tiger boy that well mind you...but it's still a good pic

Thanks for your comment re my blog header, I wish I could take credit for it

I hope you have a nice xmas Stu Mac and I look forward to reading more in 2006

:)