Sunday 4 December 2005

Sun 4 Dec, the day before Zatopek

6km today for the week so far

An easy/slow 6k run on the road in Hoppers. Tomorrow my race is at 7:15pm at the Box Hill aths track and all is ready, legs feel good, I want to race and I know my schedule, I know a few friends are coming out to support me, which will be good and I have received lots of good vibes from others.

Whilst the major goal is to run sub 40 minutes and I will be happy with 39:59 I do think I will be capable of running 39:15, so I will wait and see. Plan is to be relaxed for the first 7km and not do anything stupid!

I'm sure for those who are interested will hear about my race.

9 comments:

Steve's Stuff said...

Sooner or later we may pass each other running around Hoppers, if we haven't already.

Good luck for tomorrow.

Jen said...

Go Stu!!

Good luck for tomorrow. You've done all the hard work Stu; tomorrow it will pay off :-)

Tesso said...

All the best for tomorrow night. I'm sure you'll manage to snaffle that sub 40.

Anonymous said...

Stu you have done the work..its now all in your mind.
Be PATIENT in the first half ans BRAVE in the second.
Good Luck.

Unknown said...

Just call out my name & I'll send you speeding on your way, StuMac! You WILL run well...the Chickybabe blogger is willing you on!

Anonymous said...

Good luck Stu Mac, there is an entire running community who hang on to your words of wisdom that hopes you demolish the magical 40 minute barrier! Punish yourself and make sure you don't step off the track with anything left. 96 second laps should be no problem.

Anonymous said...

good luck stu, you will do it easy!

Anonymous said...

Good Luck tonight, not that you need luck. You already know that you will go sub 40. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Best of luck tonight Stuart