Friday 30 December 2005

Thu 29 Dec, another scorcher, morning road run

12km today & 46km for the week so far

Another scorcher today so Gem and I where out the door just after 8am, she wanted to do her 5k course, a nice pace, probably around 5 min to 5.10 pace, we got to the turn around point and she suggested I should move on, I told her I would stay for another km or so to encourage and chat with her (which later on she told me she was happy I did because she really wanted to walk). With 500m to go Gem pick up the pace and worked home so I sat beside her encouraging and then I continued on into the 'town centre' and had a look at the shops whilst sitting about 4:40 pace. Again very warm and for the final 7k I ran topless, working on tan and dripping with sweat everywhere!

The final 2k is up a slight hill which I really picked up the pace to my 5k race pace then I turned up a little street because it had a 200m steep hill and went up and down that a few times to get the legs screaming a bit and then an easy 500m back to Gem's place, dripping, a lot!

Today I went 'wake boarding' and had a ball on the 'doughnut' behind a boat with a very BIG V8 and a driver who had all intent on getting me some 'G force', which was great, screaming behind the boat and doing some cart wheels flying through the air and crashing into the 'hard' water a few times. I ended up with arms that feel like they have done a BIG arms session in the gym and a couple of very hard slaps on the back of my calves. A great time was had at a lake near Yass!
9km today & 55km for the week so far

No comments: