Wednesday 30 November 2005

Tue 29 Nov, track session

11-12km today and 34km for the week so far

Yesterday arrived at the track early (4:30) but sadly the complex was still locked and no-one with keys arrived until just before 5pm, so much for an early start. After getting changed myself & a group of five made off for a slow 20 minute jog for a warm up, then I did 5/6x70m strides and some stretching of the calf & hamstring.

Burkie's suggested session was going to involve some of the younger girls and ladies doing 800s whilst myself, Mick & Dave did some extra work on top. The session for me was: 2000, 1600, 1200, 800, 400 with 1 min recovery to be run at 92 sec per lap, except the last 400m could be quicker (he just knew it would be).

I don't have my watch to put exact splits but I know that the majority were 91-92 sec per lap, with maybe 1 or 2 laps around the 93-94 due to the strong wind and moving wide on bends to move past people etc, and probably becoming tired. The most impressive thing to note was my recoveries, they were all between 60 sec & 65 sec. My last 400m rep I finished in 76 sec, which nearly felt controlled.

Finished off with 5 laps, which I ran with a good sized group. I did mention to Burkie that the legs still were not feeling too fresh yet, so I am not going to run today and instead of will go to the pool (yuk) and swim some laps and do some deep water running followed by a pilates class with Narelle. Thursday, I will do a couple of laps of the Tan with surges and then off to the Zatopek meet, 30 minutes Friday followed by a 1 hour massage. I am not racing this weekend and I will chat with Burkie re any running, if any I assume it will be very easy or short, if not both.

No comments: