Tuesday 8 November 2005

Mon 7 Nov, a lap of the Tan & a massage

6km today and 23km for the week so far

Well the legs are little 'trashed' from the weekend, only 13 odd kms of racing but 4 all out efforts really takes its toll. I think the ice bath has helped but my quads do feel very 'bashed' up. A lunch I made my way out, ran a slow lap of the Barracks exterior and then over to the Tan, an easy lap (17:55) and then another 5 minutes of running around on the grass area across from the barracks.

A little bit of stretching, probably not enough in hindsight.


Arrived at Narelle's at 4.35pm for a one hour massage, she knew I had raced on the weekend and I told her I had a small niggle in the left achilles area and that the quads felt very trashed. She found the spot in the 'left' achilles, nothing to be worried about just concentrate on stretching for a few days. Then she got to the hammies, "OMG what have you done to your hamstring Stuart" was her response, "a lot of build up of lactic waste". In hindsight, not enough stretching after the 300s on Thu and of course racing 4 times and jumping into a car within minutes on Sunday probably didn't help either, but again the 'left' side was worse than the right. After doing the backs of my legs, rolled over, both shins were fine, but the quads were tender and the ITB was very tight, considerably tight and she did a lot of work trying to release the pressure and again the 'left' side was worse than the right. Something to think about????

No comments: