Wednesday 9 November 2005

Tue 8 Nov, track session

9km today and 32km for the week so far

Arrived at the track about 4.40ish, got changed and started my warm up by myself. My quads felt really trashed and still quite tender in a few spots, I did 3 laps in lane 8 before I got company, continued on for another 3 laps with some of the underage guys and Dave. Did about 15 minutes of stretching, especially concentrating on my calf/achilles, hamstrings, quads & ITB. I also did some glute stretching which surprisingly also felt in 'need'. Gave the run down to Burkie off the weekends activities and the massage with Narelle.

Burkie suggest a little shorter and slightly slower, which seemed like a good idea, and the wind was going to play havoc with tonights session too, I suspected. 6x800 @ 3 minutes with 75 sec recovery. With the majority of Peter's distance squad doing the same session tonight, I thought myself & Dave should get going asap to miss the big numbers.

As per normal we started a little fast but got the pace right on the second and subsequent reps, with Dave struggling after 3/4, he is struggling with a sore groin muscle. On my 4th rep I could feel my calf tightening and on the fifth it was more noticeable, so I opted to finish the session there.

Reps (recover):
2:54 (78sec)
2:59 (78sec)
2:59 (80sec)
2:58 (85sec)
2:58 (walked 300m)

After I changed shoes and then jogged 5 laps with Luke for my cool down, then chatting with Kylie I continued to stretch for 15-20 minutes.

Note: As I type this on Wed morning, my legs feel better, with some tenderness on the ITB where Narelle really gave them a working over.

No comments: