Friday 25 November 2005

Thu 24 Nov, light track session

9km today and 46km for the week so far

Today was a great day, I didn't work today (which is always good), I had a great morning which set the entire day's mood... :-)

I arrived at the track just after 5pm, none of my training partners were there tonight, excluding one injured. So I set off for a warm up by myself, just as i was finishing my 5th lap a ex member joined me and so I continued on and did an extra 5 laps with him, so a nice long warm up. I did 4x50 strides and then did some calf, quad & hamstring stretches.

After chatting with Burkie, discussing yesterday's run & my races on Tuesday he suggested a light session, 8x200 @ 39-40 sec with a rolling 200 in 60 sec, sounded good. So I changed into my flats and did the session, surprisingly I hit every 200 between 39.2 & 40.6, and the floats were between 58.9 & 61 sec, so I was very happy with my pacing. I finsihed off doing 5 laps cool down with Dave who is recovering from a groin related injury. Afterwards I spent 20 minutes doing some long stretches.

Friday will probably be a casual 30 minutes and Saturday I am racing a 1500 & maybe a 400 at Aberfeldie.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a great day off Stu Mac

Good luck with your Weekend racing

Anonymous said...

Stu,

Ewen directed me to Hayley's blog. I like her attitude and maturity and have told her so.

I particularly like your sound advice and supportive interest you show in her development as an athlete and person.

Keep it up.

Stu Mac said...

Thanks wannabe!