Friday 4 November 2005

Thu 3 Nov, short repeats, track session

7km today and 57km for the week so far

Arrived at the track and did a five lap warm up with a good size bunch, always nice to chat & jog, finished off with a bunch of run throughs. Humidish tonight, with a strong wind which would be annoying, 6x300 @ 51-52sec with a 2 1/2 min break, sounded easy, but proved not to be.

The first three were in the 50s, but each time I felt I lost form and speed in the final 30-50m, the final 3 were different & harder, I still managed the 4th & 5th in 52sec and the last one in 53 but the legs were in trouble on each rep and I was getting the wobbles.

Afterwards I could really feel the hamstrings had been worked over, finished with a walking lap and then 3 laps of slow jogging, probably should have done two more laps but couldn't be bothered.

No comments: