Tuesday 15 November 2005

Tue 15 Nov, track session

13km today and 39km for the week so far

This arvo I arrived at the track ready to start at 4.30pm, so I started my warm ups immediately, 5 1/2 laps and then 1/2 lap of drills, then 5x60m strides followed by some light stretching. It was very windy which was going to make tonight's session harder, but I was intent on completing the session (8x1000m with a 75 sec recovery).

Splits (recovery):
3:54 (75)
3:59 (70)
3:51 (80)
3:56 (3:05, needed a toilet stop)
4:02 (90)
3:55 (82)
3:48 (85)
3:33 (walked 200m, then jogged 5 laps)

The wind was very gusty, which did affect some of the reps making them very difficult. I wore my DS trainers instead of flats and for the second time I wore my new Rudy Project sunnies. They are very light and cool, most importantly they allow some air flow around my face, unlike my Oakley's. I still need to work on shortening my recoveries, I lose track of time and end up to far away from the start line. The last 3 reps I completed with Adrian (long time no see) which made it easier, I also realised that I was still doing it fairly easy as I was able to talk the entire way on the third last rep. The last rep, I picked up the pace slightly after the first 400 and then with 250 to go I raced away.

Happy with the session, all things appear to ok for my sub 40 minute race in less than 3 weeks. Tonight I am having my first session of pilates, could be interesting to see how inflexible & core weak I am.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Wow, fantastic session Stu. That sub-40min 10km mark is in trouble !

J.

Steve's Stuff said...

Good workout, I was puffed just reading it.