Thursday 17 November 2005

Thu 17 Nov, an attempted track session

9km today and 61km for the week so far

Tonight's session plan was 6 laps of the track in lane 8 in a clockwise direction to warm up, 5x60m strides, light stretch, then 3x2k & 2x1k @ 90-92 sec per lap with 75 sec recov. It was quite warm when I started but little wind so it was an improvement on other days. Over the past week or so I have noticed an increase in my toilet habits when I start to run, I am normal throughout the day, but as soon as I start to run things start happening??? And tonight it wrecked my session.

After the warm up I visited the toilets, then did my first 2k rep, visited, next 2k rep, visited, got to the 1300m mark and had to withdraw for the toilet reason???

Reps (recovery):
7:33 (3:05, long due to toilet stop)
7:38 (2:55, same as before...)
5:03, withdrew at the 1300ish mark as I needed to use the toilet again....

Fifteen minutes later I finished off with a 5 lap cool down and then some stretching at home (dodging the little bugs at the track).

Diet would be an obvious excuse, but I am fine throughout the day, I have just been having problems when I run, kind of???

Sleep - a few hours each night, diet - reduce and less meat, stress - hmmmm, running - is going well?????

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Stu,
Don't worry..your training has you already in 38.50-39.10 shape for Zatopek.
You clearly have tremendous stress in your life at the moment which is reflected in the toilet breaks but a quick trip to your GP should rule out the D word (Diabetes )