Saturday 1 November 2008

AV Rd 3 at Harold Stevens Athletic Track, Coburg

No Little Aths this morning, so Jo & I decided to spend the morning shopping, running related...Smith St (the seconds warehouses).

New Balance store, fleecy trackie pants for $20, great for bumming around in. Brooks store a tech T for $20 in my Club's colours. Nike store, boxer style running shorts for $30 & nearly a pair of Eldoret spikes ($70) but I decided I needed new runners more than spikes, but no shoes....yet. Jo, the shopping machine, had bought clothes etc but hadn't found the spikes she wanted so a short trip to Runner's World in Kew. Hmmm, Miler spikes for $80.....love them, but only in 9's and I need 9.5, but I did manage to buy a pair Mizuno Wave Rider 10 for $80.



The new shoes, dirty from the You Yangs excursion...
__________________

The North West Region moved to the Coburg Aths Track today for Rd 3 of the Shield Comp. Nice day, a little wind on the back straight but nothing too bad and temps in the low 20s. I ran in the 2:40 heat for the 800m, 13 guys, I started in lane 4 with a KSB guy (John), at the cross overs I probably 10th, first lap in 76/77 and finished in 2:35.8 in 12th. I was happy as I actually called 2:35 prior to the race.

Next up for me was running the 3000m with a 12 year old girl I coach, Claire, she was running in her first seniors T&F meet. The plan was laps of 100sec, which happened. 99, 99, 97, 102, 104 & 2:22 for the final 600m = 12:23 for Claire and I ran 2:24 as a coach should...

A few minutes later I lined up in the second last heat of the men's 400m, OMG I thought I was going to crash on the last bend...but managed a 68.5.


A good day of racing, not great times, but a very enjoyable day! Jo ran well, Michelle ran well and Claire ran well, so as a coach I was very happy! Warm ups & cool downs just over 9k for the day.

3 comments:

Andrew(ajh) said...

Shopping machine is right ... I've said to Jo before, if shopping were an Olympic sport she'd be a shoe-in for the Gold!

jojo said...

yeah-it is a skill of mine ;)

claire was rapt with her time, it was nice you let her finihs first0although you may never hear the end of it ... lol

Ewen said...

Nice run from Claire. However, you are not to pace Jo when she attempts to run faster than whatever I might do! You're too good.