Thursday 20 November 2008

Gym, soccer & a quickish track session

I started the day in the gym for 30 minutes, leg work and chest then some stretching.

____________________


Soccer at lunchtime, we lost to the top team 5-3, at half time we were 3 all, but we didn't defend as well.... :(

____________________


At the track tonight with my squad, I am in the midst of convincing them all to do an extra lap to warm up and then a group lap combining dynamic drills and not to stuff around too much and just get into the session..


For me, 3 laps in lane 4/5 of easy running, chatting with a guy from another squad, good to see Colin back on the track, 47 years old and CAN move! Then a lap with the squad (7), combining, skipping, butt kicks, side stepping, criss cross, high knees and some backwards running. Then 2x60m easy strides before changing into my spikes, then another 4 strides.


Tonight's session was 5x200m, 5x150m & 3x100m, 1:45 - 2 min btw reps & 3 min btw sets.

  • 34.66 / 35.11 / 33.90 / 33.36 / 33.00

  • 23.35 / 24.19 / 23.12 / 23.90 / 23.79

  • 16.40 / 15.83 / 14.75

An enjoyable set, I even had some company alongside, Lauren (17) from Burkie's squad was running 150s and waited until I passed to join me. The 2nd reps of the 200 & 150 I got stuck behind and was too lazy to pop out and pass. The last 100 rep; instead of waiting the normal 2-5 sec after the 2nd group to move off, I only waited a fraction of a second, within a 10m Steph picked that I was just behind and gave me the oiii and then tried to surge, but a short burst put me in front. Whilst I know at the end of the day I can beat the young quickies, I would not put money on me over 100m against Steph. :)


A few laps on the infield to cool down after chatting with a few parents and kids. All trained VERY well, a special mention to Mia.

____________________

A special mention to the WLAC U10 boys, congratulations on making the Vic Little
Aths Relay State Champs, they were progressed as one of the fastest 8 teams
across the State out of the non automatic qualifiers. :-)

No comments: