Sunday 16 November 2008

Western Region Little Aths Relay Champs

No run this morning for me, a l o n g day for me, wandering around the track organising 11 nine/ten year old boys. My guess before the day started was the 'big chance' teams for my age group were our first 2x200 team and the medley team.

But no automatic qualifications, we came 2nd (first are the only qualifiers) in the medley, a tough race, a heat 75 minutes earlier and then following a very good Bacchus Marsh team. We had two 4x200m teams who both qual for the Region Final and finished 3rd & 7th, but only 2 are automatic, this team may progress to States as one of the faster non auto qualifers in the State, they were less than .3 sec behind first, so hopefully they go through for the experience.

But most importantly all eleven boys ran to the best of their ability and tried their hardest and I and their parents were all very proud.


I got home after spending nearly nine hours on my feet and decided NO run for me, but a beer was required!

No comments: